1. Clean the home prior to treatment and maintain the home as neatly as possible for long-term results. This helps eliminate competing food sources for the insects, which allow roaches to be easily attracted to the bait and not to food sources.
2. Remove all contents from cabinets and drawers. (Contents can be temporarily be stored on the dining room table.)
3. Cover and store any open food. Remove foods, small appliances, and other small items from countertops.
4. Pick up and store baby and animal toys or supplies.
5. Mop/scrub kitchen floor and any other hard floors or woodwork with detergent. Thoroughly vacuum carpeted floors and couch cushions.
6. Vacuum up any visible roaches and eggs just before the service visit. Use the crevice attachment to get into any cracks or crevices. After vacuuming, take the vacuum cleaner outside, remove the bag, seal it, and discard it in the trash. Take a damp cloth and wipe down the entire vacuum cleaner. Continue to vacuum or otherwise kill any roaches that are seen.
7. Please do not use any other pesticides or do-it-yourself treatments after the treatment. A decrease in the population should be apparent within 24-48 hours.
8. Remove items from the top of the refrigerator, stove, and any other such movable appliances. Prior to the service, move these appliances away from the wall. Clean behind and beneath them. If the stove has a removable bottom drawer that opens to the floor, it is not necessary to move the entire stove.
9. Be sure that the technician has full and free access to anywhere the cockroaches have been seen (or anywhere specified by the technician).
10. Discard all excess paper products and any other unused piles of trash. These areas harbor roaches and other pests.
11. Homeowners should repair any water leaks immediately upon detection; apartment residents should report the leak to maintenance immediately upon detection.
12. If anyone in the home has special allergy problems, in pregnant, or is under the age of one (1), it is essential to inform the technician prior to treatment and precaution will be taken. All people and pets should stay out of the area being serviced for the length of time specified by the technician.
13. After service, keep sanitation to as high a level as possible to allow all products to work as swiftly as possible. Do not touch cockroach gel. Keep children and pets away.