The goal of IPM is to manage pests effectively while reducing adverse effects on people, non-targeted organisms, and the environment.
Regardless of the type of commercial operation you run, IPM takes the same core approach to your pest problem:
- Identifying pests before taking action
- Creating monitoring guidelines for each different pest, including numbers, damage, and when to act
- Establishing a plan of action for each identified pest
- Implementing pest control tactics using a combination of physical and chemical tools
- Continuously evaluate control tactics and adjust as needed
- Evaluating and documenting results/effectiveness